January 24th, 2013 by Mars Bracken
This week Bloodlines is running a contest to see who can take the best Vampire Bite Photo! So get your favorite animation, go to the most picturesque spot you know in SL, and snap a photo of you sinking your fangs into the victim of your choice.
The contest is free to enter, and you may enter as many times as you like (as long as each photo is different).
.:[ How to Enter]:.
1) Take a photo of a Vampire Bite occurring in SL
2) Put the texture in a notecard, along with your name and the Title of the photo
3) Submit the notecard at the Drop Box:
Bloodlines Contest Drop Box
.:[ Contest Rules ]:.
The contest will run for 1 week, ending at Noon SL time on January 30th, 2013. Entries will be judged by Mars Bracken, Lyle Maeterlinck and Noire Luminos. Entries will be judged based on the overall image, but some things to consider might be background, lighting, the bite pose, and the avatars involved. Photoshopping is acceptable.
.:[ Prizes ]:.
- Top 7 entries will be hung in picture frames on Bloodlines property, in the Vampire Temple, until the next contest begins.
- 3rd place entry will win a full 10L Blood Tank
- 2nd place entry will win a full 15L Blood Tank
- 1st Place entry will win a full 20L Blood Tank and a Bloodlines Haunt Destination System
For any questions, contact Noire Luminos or a Bloodlines Liaison. Also, We will be running a separate contest for best Lycan Attack later, so please only Vampire Bite photos this time around.
January 4th, 2013 by Lyle Maeterlinck
We’ve made some updates to the way events are scheduled for Haunts, and added a new events calendar for Haunts to the site. The new rules for Haunt events are:
- Events cannot have a start date more than 24 hours in the past, when the event is created or edited.
- Events that last more than 24 hours are marked as ‘ongoing’ events, and are listed in a separate calendar: the ongoing events calendar. Ongoing events are for things like hunts, contests.
- No event can last more than 30 days. Any events currently listed that were longer than 30 days have been truncated to last 30 days. Some people have listed events that go many years into the future. Please don’t do ridiculous things like this, or we will delete your event entirely. Party 24/7/365 is not an event!
In addition, we’ve made an easier way to browse events with the new events calendar and ongoing events calendar. You can also quickly find events happening today on the Haunts landing page.
January 1st, 2013 by Lyle Maeterlinck
We got a lot of feedback on the recently-released HUDs, and today we’re releasing some minor updates to fix a few bugs, and to give you more options for how you use your HUD. Here are the changes we’ve made:
- We added the old scanner back in as an option. Now, you can choose to use the new, robust scanner with detailed information about nearby avatars, or the old scanner that only lists thier names and proximities. You can change this by going to Settings > Scanner > Scan Type > then select ‘Full’ or ‘Lite’. The Lite scanner is the old version, the full scanner is the new version. The Lite version of the scanner can also be used while your HUD is collapsed, just like before.
- We re-added the two buttons that show when the HUD is closed: scan and settings, for quick access. These buttons don’t show when the HUD is open, because they are on the main HUD body. We’ve also added the old scan functionality, so that you can get text or web stats for other avatars nearby, without going through the new scanner links.
- There was also some concern over the number of scripts in the HUD. We think number of scripts is not a good indicator of performance, because it depends what those scripts are doing. Most of the new scripts in the HUDs were doing very little, and were only used to receive link messages and update text on the scanner. Regardless, we’ve removed 16 scripts from the HUD by combining the name and proximity columns on the new scanner.
- We fixed a couple of bugs in the Rage HUD and claws. If you detached your claws or relogged while they were transparent, it wasn’t possible to turn them back on. This has been fixed in the Rage 2.1. We’ve also fixed some strange behavior in the Lycan jump, where the control event was getting triggered for a teleport within the same sim. The previous controls were up + down at the same time. In order to fix this issue, we had to change the control. Now, it’s hold left mouse button + tap up and down at the same time. It’s also now possible to deactivate the lycan jump, in case it interferes with controls on another item under Settings > Jump. We’re really sorry that we let these problems slip through!
Finally, if you still prefer the older version of the HUD, you are welcome to continue to use it. It will not be discontinued, or disabled, and we will continue to support it. We hope you like these updates, and as always, let us know what your thoughts are.
December 22nd, 2012 by Lyle Maeterlinck
Today we’re releasing updates to all three Bloodlines HUDs: The Thirst 4.0, The Rage 2.0, and The Human HUD 2.0. You can learn more about the new features on each HUD by visiting their respective instructions pages. The major update is the scanner, which gives more information about nearby avatars, including their Bloodlines status, race, clan, and soul status. The new HUDs also include convenience buttons to bite/claw (or offer a claw or bite in the case of the human HUD), set liege, glamour/terror, or get the stats of a nearby avatar, by clicking their name on the scanner.
See the image above for a diagram of the new features of the Thirst 4.0. Some of the other new features include:
- Clan/Pack/Guild settings have been broken out into a new button. So, instead of going to Settings > Clan/Group, just press the Clan/Pack/Guild button.
- Animation settings have also been broken out into a new button. So, instead of going to Settings > Animation, just press the new animation button.
- Shortcuts to your web profile and a quick button for your text stats have been added.
- To get text stats or a web profile on another avatar, click their name in your scanner list, then press the stats button on the info window that pops up. This button will respond to your setting of text/ web stats under settings.
- Get someone’s clan profile quickly by clicking their name in the list, then going to more options > clan profile.
We hope you enjoy these new HUDs, and dwe welcome your feedback!
November 12th, 2012 by Lyle Maeterlinck
I’m sorry to have to use this forum to address rumors, but I just wanted to reassure everyone that despite the fake screenshot of a chat going around (with a Wikileaks logo, really???), Bloodlines is doing great, and we have no intention of shutting down. In fact, we have lots of exciting updates planned, and I’d like to take this opportunity to tell you about them. Above you can see a picture from my actual lab where I’m working on bulk apples, to come in sizes of 6, 12, 24, and 48. We’re also working on bulk blood shots, moonshine, and changing the way tanks are sold and registered so they can be sold through affiliate vendors. This will also make it so you can place apple trees on your land. We’re also planning a major HUD update, The Thirst 4.0, The Rage 2.0, and The Human 2.0, all with a few new toys and a new look. Stay tuned to this blog for more information about these exciting updates! Also, if you don’t see it on this blog, please take it with a grain of salt, and feel free to send a message to myself or Mars in-world if you have any questions. Thanks! -Lyle
October 18th, 2012 by Lyle Maeterlinck
Announcing a really fun addition to the Bloodlines game: The Haunt! The Haunt is a location system for Bloodlines-friendly locations. If you have a shop, bar, castle, cave, or any other location where you welcome Bloodlines players, the Haunt is an easy way to let everyone know where you are. Each haunt sign gives you a profile on slbloodlines.com with a custom image, about text, an SL map of your location, and a link so that visitors to your profile can teleport directly from the website! It also comes with an events management system. Set the name, description, and time and date of your event, and it will appear on the Bloodlines events calendar on the main haunt page. Your haunts will also show up on your Bloodlines profile. If you’re a group leader, you can set one of your haunts to be the main headquarters of your group, and there will be a link from your group profile to your haunt profile.
In-world, you can place a notecard or object in your haunt to be given out when visitors click on your haunt sign, you can add a landmark to change the landing point when avatars teleport from the website, and you can add a texture that will change the sign texture on the font to help advertise your location.
The Haunt also features a stylish and detailed mesh build that we think will look great on your land. Land impact is only 3. You can purchase the Haunt at any Bloodlines store at Liquid Designs, Liquid East, Liquid Badlands, Liquid South, or Liquid Frontier.
We hope you have fun with this system, look for more exciting updates soon!
October 16th, 2012 by Lyle Maeterlinck
The Bloodlines Hunt, presented by Hunts R Us, is going on now! At dozens of Bloodlines-friendly locations throughout Second Life, you can find over 150 prizes worth over 30,000 lindens! You can get the hunt HUD at the vendor at Liquid Designs region. The vendor looks like a coffin with an apple in it near the landing point. There are prizes from Bloodlines and The Crypt available on each of the Liquid sims: Liquid Designs, Liquid East, Liquid South, Liquid Badlands, and Liquid Frontier!
September 4th, 2012 by Lyle Maeterlinck
Last week, 3 lucky Bloodlines players won a full 5L/50Lumen container just by participating in 5 Bloodlines bite or claw attacks. This week’s contest will be a little more challenging: turn one fresh victim to a vampire or a lycan before midnight SL time this Saturday, and you’ll be entered to win a free, full 20-Liter blood Tank or Cask, 20L Cider Barrel, or a full 200-Lumen Bone or Iron Prism. Any of these containers will satisfy the Curse for 80 long, dark nights. To win, you must be the first one to bite the fresh victim or the first person to bite them after they drink the Wormwood potion, and then they have to fill to 5Liters of Vital or 50 Lumens to turn full Vampire or Lycan. Good hunting and a full moon to all the Bloodlines night stalkers out there…
Congratulations to Azazel87 of The Vampire Blood Horde, loveless Carpathia of Rogue Coven Clan, and Anahi Sheriffe of Rose Noire Horde! Each of them have won their choice of a full 20-liter Tank, Cask, or Cider Barrel, or a 200-Lumen Prism!
August 30th, 2012 by Lyle Maeterlinck
This Saturday night, we’ll be doing a drawing for three free Bloodlines containers, filled with 100% pure Bloodlines Vital Blood, freshly fermented Bloodlines Cider, or bright Bloodlines Lumens. All you have to do to enter is share a vampire bite or lycan scratch with 5 of your friends between now and midnight SL time on Saturday. Being the attacker or the victim counts. These don’t have to be shared with fresh victims, they can be with any 5 Bloodlines players. The three lucky winners will have their choice of a Tank, a Cask, a Cider Barrel, or a Bone or Iron Prism. Winners will be announced here this Sunday, so get out there and get your hunt on!
UPDATE: Out of 566 Bloodlines players who qualified by being involved in 5 or more vampire or lycan attacks in the past couple of days, we have randomly selected SissaPantera, LadyYepperz, and TitanCronnos! Each of them will be receiving their choice of a free, full 5L Blood, 5L Cider, or 50-Lumen container. Congratulations!
June 24th, 2012 by Lyle Maeterlinck
UPDATE: 6/29/2012: A few of you expressed some concerns about privacy on your profiles, so we have given you an additional option for how to display your attack lists. Through your profile editor, you can set it so that it displays the old way, with attacks listed by the date of the first attack, or the new way, with names sized according to the number of attacks from or on that person.
We’re excited to announce new Bloodlines profiles on the Thirst, Rage, and Human websites! Now, you can upload a profile photo, say something about yourself, and choose a font for your name to display in! Also, if you’re a clan leader, you can edit your clan profile with a group photo, and a clan emblem. If you upload a clan emblem, it will display on all of your clan member’s profiles, and link back to the clan.
To edit your profile or clan profile, just log into the website, and then mouse over your name in the upper right corner of the site to get the dropdown menu. In the dropdown menu are links to your profile, clan profile, and to your editor pages where you can edit your profile. More exciting updates are coming soon