Today we’re releasing a new way to buy Vital Blood, Lumens, Cider, and to easily refill your empty containers, instantly: Reserve Accounts. You’ll notice three new vendors in the Bloodlines Thirst, Rage, and Human stores: for Vital Blood, Lumens, and Cider. When you purchase from any of these vendors, you’re buying metrics that go straight into your Reserve Account. You won’t be delivered anything in-world when you purchase from these vendors. However, you can view the contents of all of the metrics in your reserve account by going to your Blood Cellar, Lumen Vault, or Cider Tavern pages on slbloodlines.com. You can get to these pages by clicking on the Tank, Prism, or Barrel icons on your Bloodlines web profile.
Once you have some Vital Blood, Lumens, or Cider in your Reserve Account, you can use it to refill your containers at any Bloodlines refill station.
To use the refill station, you need to be wearing a Refill Key. Refill Keys are free, and you can get one by clicking the Refill Key vendor near the refill station. If you use the station without wearing a Refill Key, the refill will still work, but your tank won’t update with the new amount. If this happens, you can get your tank to update by re-rezzing it, or by drinking from it or filling it. Once you are wearing your Refill Key, and you have purchased the metric that you wish you refill, follow these instructions to use the refill stations:
- Click on the refill station, it will give you a menu asking you to confirm that you want to use the refill station. Click “Proceed” to confirm.
- Make sure the container you want to refill is rezzed within chat range of the refill station. Click on your container, and then click “Select” on your container menu.
- If your container checks out, you will get a menu that will give you options for refilling your container. Select the amount you want to fill, or ‘Max’ to fill the container to the max (or up to the amount that you have available). Or, you can select ‘Other’, and follow the instructions to select a different amount.
- Once you select an amount, your container will automatically be refilled from your reserve account.
Here are a couple things to note:
- Metrics in your Reserve Account don’t contribute to your wealth.
- Reserve Accounts can only be accessed through refill stations. You can’t move metrics into your Reserve Account from existing containers, you can’t drink directly from your
Reserve Account, and you can’t move metrics between Reserve Accounts on different avatars.
- Having metrics in your reserve account won’t prevent you from being destroyed by the Curse, just like having metrics in containers doesn’t protect you.
- Essentially, Reserve Accounts don’t affect or interact with anything else in the game, they just give you a convenient way to refill empty containers.
Refill station locations:
Next up, we hope to release more convenient ways of obtaining Apples, Blood Shots, and Moonshine! Stay tuned, and good hunting to all!