Bloodlines War will be undergoing scheduled maintenance tomorrow morning, February 26, 2014, starting at approximately 2AM. We expect the maintenance to last less than 15 minutes. Only Bloodlines War will be unavailable during this time, all other Bloodlines services will be available. We’re sorry for this inconvenience! If you have any questions, please contact Lyle Maeterlinck.
Archive for the ‘Updates’ Category
Announcing The Thirst 4.2, The Rage 2.2, and The Human HUD 2.2! The updates to these HUDs are relatively minor, but important.
First, we have reduced the number of scripts in the HUD by 16, from 24 down to 8. Second, we have fixed a couple of bugs that showed up in the last release, namely a memory error that sometimes showed up in the Thirst Fangs Glamour function, and a problem with custom animations when doing bites in Free mode.
We’ve also added a new feature to the scanner: the ability to get text or web stats on any Bloodlines member from your HUD, just by typing in their name. This is a convenience method so that if someone isn’t online, you don’t have to go to the website in order to get basic stats on them. You can access this feature by pressing the stats button on your HUD, then selecting ‘TYPE NAME’ from the dialog, then typing their name on the specified channel. There is a different channel for each of the Thirst, Rage, and Human HUDs. You can also quickly get stats for someone by typing the command stats:[name] on the specified channel. For example, you could type /7 stats: Lyle Maeterlinck for the Thirst HUD. Scans done in this way don’t count towards achievements, sorry!
The new HUD crates also include an auto-updater for your fangs, claws, bite marks, and claw wounds, so you don’t have to move your animations. You just have to rez your attachments on the ground next to the updater, then touch the updater to start the update process. Please refer to the README notecard included in your crate for detailed instructions, and feel free to let me (Lyle Maeterlinck) know if you have any problems with this process.
Thanks to all of you for being a part of Bloodlines and making it one of the biggest and strongest communities in Second Life!
Hi everyone, overnight tonight we are having a period of scheduled maintenance starting at about 3:00AM SL time. We expect the maintenance to last for 30 to 45 minutes. During this time, all Bloodlines services will be unavailable, including the Bloodlines website, and all in-world web-connected items. To view the status of the Bloodlines system during the downtime, please stay tuned to http://status.slbloodlines.com.
We’re really sorry about this. We take downtime of the system very seriously, and will be taking additional steps to prevent future maintenance episodes of this kind. If you have any questions regarding the downtime, please contact me (Lyle Maeterlinck) in-world. Thanks!
Today we made some updates to the Bloodlines generations and stats. We have released a new subdomain for Bloodlines at hybrid.slbloodlines.com. If you have the Thirst HUD, you have a profile on slbloodlines.com, if you have the Rage HUD, you have a profile on lycan.slbloodlines.com, and now, if you have both, you get another profile where you can access both your vampire and lycan stats on the hybrid site.
This comes with some updates to the stats and generations. Before, hybrids were part of either the lycan or the vampire stats depending on what resource they were dominant in: blood or lumens. Now, anyone who is both enraged and embraced will show in the hybrid stats. If you are only embraced, you will show in the vampire stats, and if you are only enraged, you will only show in the lycan stats. To move from the hybrid stats to the vampire stats, you would need to drink Wolfsbane, and to move from the hybrid stats to the lycan stats, you would need to drink Nightshade. If you’re hybrid, you can safely do this without losing any souls.
Humans have a new homepage where they can compete for the stats Cider Wealth, Lumen Fountain, Blood Fountain, and also compete in a soul ranking. We’ve made a number of other small improvements to the website that we hope make it easier to browse. Let us know what you think!
Introducing The Valerian Potion! We often hear from members of the Bloodlines community that they regret certain attacks that appear on their profile, or wish to forget certain names off of their profile. The Valerian Potion is an herbal tonic that can purify your blood and lumens by removing the attacks of a selected person from your history. It can be reversed by drinking the potion again. Valerian has the magical properties of turning negative things into positive things. If you have a negative ghost flowing through your veins, Valerian will help you to release it. For more information, see the Valerian Potion page.
We would like to give everyone a heads-up that we are preparing to finally make some much-requested updates to the Bloodlines stats. We are adding two new stats pages, one for Hybrids, and one for Humans.
This means that if you are currently a Hybrid (both embraced and enraged), and you are currently in the Vampire or Lycan stats for Generation or Royalty, you will be moved to the Hybrid stats. This means that instead of only two players being Generation 1, now there will be three. This also opens up two more slots in Generation 2, four more in Generation 3, eight more in Generation 4, etc. If you are a Hybrid currently in the Vampire stats and want to stay there, you will need to drink the Wolfsbane potion, and if you are currently a Hybrid in the Lycan stats and want to stay there, you will need to drink the Nightshade potion. You don’t have to do this yet. As we get closer to launching these changes, we will let you know exactly when it is going to happen.
For Humans, this means you finally get your own Bloodlines homepage and separate stats. We’re adding rankings for Cider Wealth and total amount of humanity converted into blood or lumens.
We’re also going to be making some updates to the site to make them easier to navigate and access on mobile devices.
Introducing The Mandrake Potion! This potion has hypnotic effects on the drinker, and can be used to insure HUD-for-soul transactions.
We know that one of the biggest challenges of hunting new players and bringing them into your clan is the possibility that they are not who they appear to be, and that they will not fulfill their part of a bargain when someone wants to pay their way into the clan. If a new person agrees to transfer their soul to you in exchange for a Bloodlines HUD, you can splash the Mandrake Potion on them, and if you gift the HUD to them within 24 hours, their soul will be transferred to you. If you don’t buy them the HUD in that period, the potion will wear off and have no further effect. If you have questions, you can find all the details on the Mandrake Instructions Page.
In order to cover up the foul taste of the Mandrake root (we had to add it, it’s the magic part), we’ve added a refreshing lime-mint flavor to this potion, which should also be helpful for when you get up-close and personal for a few bites or scratches with your new minion!
The Mandrake Potion is available now at the main Bloodlines stores, and in Human, Thirst, and Rage accessories affiliate vendors. If you own a set of affiliate vendors, please click on your vendors and update them, and the Mandrake Potion will be added to the vendors.
Today we have 3 new Bloodlines drinks you can buy and share with your friends: Bloodlines Vital Blood and Moonshine in glass longneck bottles, and Cider in cans. The bottles contain 0.35L of Vital Blood or 3.5 Lumens, and the cans contain 0.35L of Cider, which will restore 7% humanity. You can distribute and share these new drinks in two ways: from affiliate vendor fridges that you set up on your own land, or by buying packs of them to store up or share with your friends.
The fridges come in several different packages, and come with posters and neon signs to hang up and decorate your bar. You can get each of the individual fridges with their associated posters and signs: The Blood Bar, The Cider Bar, or The Moonshine Bar, or, you can get all 3 (plus a Haunt system to place on your land), in The Bar Pack.
You can also buy them in packs of 6, 12, 24, and 48 to take home and store up, or share with your friends! The Vital Blood Pack, The Moonshine Pack, and The Cider Pack all have extensive options for sharing drinks with your friends.
Today we’re also releasing Bulk Apples (at last)! Bulk Apples work just like the drink packs, and also have lots of options for sharing.
Soon, we’ll be holding special events for Bloodlines Haunt bars, so get your Bar Pack, and set up your Bloodlines bar today!
We’ve made some updates to the way events are scheduled for Haunts, and added a new events calendar for Haunts to the site. The new rules for Haunt events are:
- Events cannot have a start date more than 24 hours in the past, when the event is created or edited.
- Events that last more than 24 hours are marked as ‘ongoing’ events, and are listed in a separate calendar: the ongoing events calendar. Ongoing events are for things like hunts, contests.
- No event can last more than 30 days. Any events currently listed that were longer than 30 days have been truncated to last 30 days. Some people have listed events that go many years into the future. Please don’t do ridiculous things like this, or we will delete your event entirely. Party 24/7/365 is not an event!
We got a lot of feedback on the recently-released HUDs, and today we’re releasing some minor updates to fix a few bugs, and to give you more options for how you use your HUD. Here are the changes we’ve made:
- We added the old scanner back in as an option. Now, you can choose to use the new, robust scanner with detailed information about nearby avatars, or the old scanner that only lists thier names and proximities. You can change this by going to Settings > Scanner > Scan Type > then select ‘Full’ or ‘Lite’. The Lite scanner is the old version, the full scanner is the new version. The Lite version of the scanner can also be used while your HUD is collapsed, just like before.
- We re-added the two buttons that show when the HUD is closed: scan and settings, for quick access. These buttons don’t show when the HUD is open, because they are on the main HUD body. We’ve also added the old scan functionality, so that you can get text or web stats for other avatars nearby, without going through the new scanner links.
- There was also some concern over the number of scripts in the HUD. We think number of scripts is not a good indicator of performance, because it depends what those scripts are doing. Most of the new scripts in the HUDs were doing very little, and were only used to receive link messages and update text on the scanner. Regardless, we’ve removed 16 scripts from the HUD by combining the name and proximity columns on the new scanner.
- We fixed a couple of bugs in the Rage HUD and claws. If you detached your claws or relogged while they were transparent, it wasn’t possible to turn them back on. This has been fixed in the Rage 2.1. We’ve also fixed some strange behavior in the Lycan jump, where the control event was getting triggered for a teleport within the same sim. The previous controls were up + down at the same time. In order to fix this issue, we had to change the control. Now, it’s hold left mouse button + tap up and down at the same time. It’s also now possible to deactivate the lycan jump, in case it interferes with controls on another item under Settings > Jump. We’re really sorry that we let these problems slip through!
Finally, if you still prefer the older version of the HUD, you are welcome to continue to use it. It will not be discontinued, or disabled, and we will continue to support it. We hope you like these updates, and as always, let us know what your thoughts are.